Tuesday 23 August 2016

Keeping things running


I’ve got a new job title… supporting services manager. It comes with a few responsibilities – as well as being assistant house parent and other work at the safe home and farm, part of my work here is being in charge of transport and procurement (anything that need buying or collecting). 

So, I organise our drivers (all of whom I have trained to drive) and care for our vehicles, including a weekly check on them. 

Every Friday is our weekly shopping for food and supplies and a busy day in my week. Animal food, maintenance supplies and extra food (other than the food we grow on the farm) are on the weekly list, as well as finding any larger items we need. You can see in the picture sacks of supplies, everything needed to keep things running for another week.