Wednesday 18 March 2015

This is me

I am here on Palawan Island, one of the beautiful and hot islands of the Philippines! I work with organisation Kanlungan ng Ama (The Father's Shelter), helping rescued street kids, among other things.

The organisation is run by Brits Duncan and Sara Kellard. They bravely followed God and sold everything to move to the Philippines and start this amazing work. I am very honoured and happy that God has called me here as well to help them – and I'm loving the work and vision they have to help people. 

KNA is a safe home for street kids. Some of them now with us have no family at all, others have been kicked out or ran away from abusive families and have spent time scrounging and living on the streets. We give them a safe and loving family environment to recover from the hurts of terrible pasts, and a good hope and life for the future. 

We are based on a farm in a rural area on the island. My work is a mixture of being with the kids, practical and joining with the many other activities and ministries that are part of KNA.