Tuesday 2 June 2015

This is my work

It's a very busy here at KNA – Kanlungan Ng Ama (The Father’s Shelter) on Palawan. We've had loads of events and outreaches and it's been school summer holidays, so I've been busy doing lots with the kids.

I help with organizing and planning events as well as everyday needs. I am part of the small management team here, with the official title of transport and procurement manager. In that role I handle logistics of everyday life and events, but I have other responsibilities including practical, physical work, and I am one of the house parents caring for the kids. 

We are coming to the end of the hot season and the last few months have been very hot and dry. We are fortunate to be close to the mountains and have a continuous water supply, despite long periods of no rain. The stream that runs through the farm has clean cool water and the kids love to swim and play there as often as possible. 

A busy time but very happy. I love being a part of this work, living at the Children’s safe home and being involved in all the parts of the ministry here.